About This Race
Registration July 1st – October 4th: $25.00 (FREE T-shirt: Size Guaranteed)
Late Online Registration Oct. 1st – 4th: $30.00 (FREE T-shirt: NOT Guaranteed)
Race Day Registration: $30.00 (FREE T-shirt: NOT Guaranteed)
Team Registration 5+ Runners: $22.00 per team member
Kids Color Run: $10.00
In person registration will be available at the pre race packet pick up on Friday October 6th at the address below and Race Day morning from 8-8:45 AM.
All preregistered participants are invited to pick up their packets the night before the race at HARTZ Physical Therapy East Office, 804 New Holland Ave, Lancaster, PA 17602 from 4-7 PM.
Address: Bonfield Elementary School
101 N Oak St, Lititz, PA 17543
Start time: 9 am
Race Timing: Chip timing will be utilized to facilitate prompt and accurate results. Please note that walkers will not be timed. Runners will line up in front with faster runners lining up first and walkers lining up in the back. Race will be held rain or shine.
Course Description: This 3.1 mile course is relatively flat and takes place on the Warwick paved trail around the Pebble Creek development and the neighborhoods surrounding Bonfield Elementary School. 50% of the course utilizes the Warwick Township paved trail with the rest on residential neighborhood streets. The race course will be posted on our website: www.hartzpt.com
Kid’s Fun Run: will be held immediately following the conclusion of the 5k. An announcement will be made 5 minutes prior to the Fun Run Start. Race awards will be announced immediately following the conclusion of the Fun Run.
Beneficiary: We are pleased to announce this year we will donating 100% of our proceeds to Gigi’s Playhouse. This is an amazing Lancaster-based charity that hopes to see a world where individuals with Down syndrome are accepted and embraced in their families, schools, and communities.
Additional information can be found on our website: https://www.hartzpt.com/fall-blast-5k-runwalk/registration/
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you on October 7th!
Race Details & Schedule
- Start/Finish Line Moved: The race will begin and end on the Warwick Trail behind Pebble Creek Community (by the baseball field). More than 50% of the course utilizes the Warwick Trail with the rest on residential neighborhood streets. Please be aware that residential streets will be open to traffic during the race. There will be no entry into Bonfield Elementary school or their parking lot area.
- Decreased Registration Fee: In light of what we’ve all been through this past year (we know it’s been tough), we are lowering our registration fee to $20.00. That’s only 2 cups of coffee! Of course, if you’d like to give a donation on top of that, please be our guest! (100% of proceeds will once again benefit Off the Streets, Lancaster)
- Online Registrations Only (and no race day): Registrations will be accepted solely online. Walk up race day entries will not be accepted. In person racing will be limited to a total of 250 participants split into groups of around 50 people each. If you register before September 1st, we will pick up the additional credit card fees for online registration for you!
- Chip Timing / Socially-distanced Start: Chip timing will be utilized. Runners will line up at the start line according to their estimated pace. All will be spaced 6 feet apart. Each participant will run across the start line ONE BY ONE while still having an accurate 5K time recorded due to chip timing. This will ensure runners are spaced out throughout the run and limit contact between runners. Walkers will not be timed.
- No Spectators: Race spectators are discouraged from attending in order to ensure we are operating within the state and county limitations for group gatherings. The race area is open to the public however and we cannot control other residents who may be using the trail at the same time of our event.
- No dogs/strollers: Due to certain portions of the race being on a relatively narrow paved trail, participants will not be permitted to run with a dog or stroller in order to maximize spacing throughout the run.
- Staggered Start Times: Each group of 50 participants will be spaced 45 minutes apart with the first group starting at 8:00am and the final group starting at 11:00am. Runners will be permitted to select a preferred start time when they register (8am, 8:45am, 9:30am or 10:15am). All walkers will be placed in the 11:00am group.
- Virtual Option: For those who would like to support the cause, but feel better running at home, we also have that option available! You will still get a T-shirt!
- Scaled Down Post-Race: No food table or loitering is permitted in the race start/finish area. We cannot hold a kids run or kids activities this year either. Participants will be encouraged to leave the area immediately following the finish of the race. Bottled water will be available.
- CASH Prizes will be awarded to the top male and top female finishers. Top finishers in each age bracket will also receive a price. All prizes mailed to the participant’s address as listed on the registration form.
- Long Sleeve Soft Tshirts: Once again, all participants will receive a long-sleeve super soft custom logoed T-shirt. You don’t want to miss this one! We will not, however, be distributing race goody bags this year.
- Parking will be at the municipal parking lot on Clay Road. It is a 0.25 mile walk on the paved trail to the race start/finish line (Cross Clay Rd and follow the trail until you see the baseball field on your right. You will see the registration table near the field.)